Anark Core Workstation
Quickly and easily aggregate and combine 3D CAD models with related product information for use throughout design, engineering, and support organizations.
What is Anark Core?
Anark Core is a robust software platform that enables manufacturing companies to quickly, easily, and cost-effectively re-purpose 3D product data for use throughout your enterprise. Anark Core Workstation is a desktop application that can be used to:
- Author and publish 3D PDF Technical Data Packages, Part Reports, RFQ's, and First Article Inspection forms with interactive, associative 3D PMI (GD&T - geometric dimensions and tolerances).
- Create 100% native, animated 3D PDF work instructions and S1000D IETMs illustrating such things as assembly or disassembly processes.
- Simplify and tessellate CAD geometry and dramatically reduce file size and polygon count for use in virtual prototyping and other visualization applications.
- Import procedural data modules or work-step information from manufacturing databases or Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Export GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIF images created from user definable custom views.
- Process and simplify large, complex 3D CAD assemblies using Anark Core on 64bit Microsoft operating systems.
- Transform geometry from PDM systems or from a file directory to make it fit for purpose.
- Load process data from ERP, SCM, MES, or other enterprise systems.
- Add annotations and preset views.
- Export geometry to popular 3D CAD and visualization formats.
- Publish geometry and other enterprise data to interactive 3D PDF documents.
- Create recipes to automate all of these tasks whenever designs change.
Model Based Definition and the Model Based Enterprise:
Anark Core enables manufacturers to create and share rich product manufacturing data across the extended enterprise using Adobe's prolific and secure 3D PDF platform. Publish secure, standards-based 3D PDF documents containing manufacture-quality CAD models, geometric dimenstions and tolerances (GD&T), and related product information sourced from PDM, ERP, SAP, and MES databases.
- Technical Data Packages
- Part and Assembly Reports
- First Article Inspection forms
- Request for Quotes (RFQ's)
- Visual Work Instructions
- S1000D & Technical Publications
- Virtual Prototyping
- Visualization and Simulation
Anark Core Features and Capabilities
- Import 3D model-based definition, geometric dimensions and tolerances, and other annotations from parts and assemblies created in CATIA, CREO, UG/NX, and SolidWorks.
- Hide, show, and delete 3D GD&T to create your own 3D PDF View Definitions.
- New and improved 3D CAD file format importers, resulting in accelerated import performance.
- Easily author animation sequences and export animated work instruction documents in native Adobe 3D PDF.
- Import and combine product attributes, work step instructions, and other tabular data within Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to create secure, 3D PDF business process documents that can be opened by anyone using the Free Adobe Reader.
- Combine 3D CAD, animation sequences, and work step data from S1000D CSDBs to produce PDF-based S1000D data modules.
- Non-destructively optimize heavy, complex 3D CAD assemblies using multiple tessellation algorithms to produce smaller, high-quality, lightweight mesh models.
- Eliminate the need to manually perform screen captures of CAD geometry by automating the creation of JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, or BMP images for use in electronic and printed technical documentation and websites.
- Import and transform the latest 3D CAD formats including CATIA, CREO, IGES, Inventor, JT, UG/NX, Parasolid, Pro|Engineer, SolidWorks, and STEP
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit systems running Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, allowing processing of 3D CAD assemblies of virtually any size
Anark Core User Interface
Supported File Formats
Anark Core supports these file formats:
- Adobe PDF .pdf
- Adobe PRC .prc
- Autodesk DWG (mesh) .dwg
- Inventor .ipt, .iam
- CATIA V4 .model, .session, .exp
- CATIA V5 .CATPRODUCT, .CATPART, .CATSHAPE
- CATIA V5 (visualization data) .CGR
- IGES .igs, .iges
- Siemens JT (Breps and mesh) .jt
- NX (formerly Unigraphics) .prt
- Parasolid .x_t, .x_b, .xmt_bin, .xmt_txt
- Pro/ENGINEER .prt, .asm, .xpr, .xas
- SolidWorks .sldprt, .sldasm
- STEP .stp, .step
- VDA .vda
- Adobe PDF .pdf
- Autodesk DWF .dwf
- Autodesk DWG .dwg
- Bitmaps .bmp, .gif, .jpg, png, tif
- Dassault 3D XML .3dxml
- COLLADA .dae
- Siemens JT .jt
- OpenFlight .flt
- Parasolid .x_t, .x_b
- STEP .step, .stp
- VRML .wrl
- X3D .x3d
- XML .xml
- Commas Separated Values .csv
- Intel Xeon E5, Intel Xeon E7, Intel Core i5, or Intel Core i7, 3 GHz or faster
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 or greater (includes CAD-certified OpenGL drivers)
- 8 GB RAM
- 10+ GB free disk space
- Microsoft Windows® XP Professional SP2, Microsoft Vista®, or Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit versions)
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 (installed if not present)
- OpenGL 3.0 or later (typically included with latest NVIDIA graphics card drivers)
These minimum system requirements are intended to serve as a general guideline. Note that working with very large assemblies may require running Anark Core Workstation on a 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows with additional RAM, a more powerful NVIDIA Quadro graphics card with more VRAM, and more free disk space.